Discovering Layout

Hello!

Do you love fussy cutting? I do, and to create this layout I used the January Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook and fussy cut the circles in one of the papers included. It was easy to cut them since they are big, and I love how they look and let me create my own background design. 

After cutting the circles, I placed them in the corners of the white cardstock and used a gray pen to draw a border around them to highlight them. This time, I used three photos: one in landscape and two in portrait orientation. I printed them in different sizes to fit them in the layout and have some space on the sides to showcase the blue patterned paper I used in the middle of the page.

To enhance the photos, I matted them with patterned papers. I used a lighter paper for the portrait photos and a darker paper for the landscape photo, making it the focus of the page. On the top area of the photo, I added a tag from one of the papers and a notebook paper die cut. Then, I embellished the area with twine, florals, and butterflies. 


In the opposite corner, I added a few more florals and stickers to balance the layout.


The florals and butterflies are all from the die cuts. To give them dimension, I used foam tape behind them.


As an additional touch, I added paint splatters in gold and black near the clusters for an artistic look.


The title was made with two pieces of die cuts and, to give it more interest, I added a few pieces of die cut and stickers around.


This was a fun layout to make, and I love how it turned out, especially because I was able to use multiple photos in different directions and the colors in this kit are amazing!

Thank you so much for your visit! I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft. Come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments