Happiest Time Together Layout

Hello!

Having a teenager at home means lots of changes and happy moments. This time I'm documenting my daughter's band camp since she started college last year and was accepted in the band. She loves music and being in this band means a lot to her and we as parents are really proud of her and all she is accomplishing. To create this happy layout, I used the January Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook which features Vicki Boutin Discover and Create collection.

Since this is a group photo, I only used one photo in the layout and matted it with three different patterned papers in contrasting tones. First, I used a light blue, then a beige text paper and finally a blue paper. For additional texture, I tore the sides and distressed all the edges of the papers.

To give the photo a resting place, I cut a piece of the orange paper and notched the bottom edge to make it look like a banner. After adding it to the background paper, I stitched a black line on the top and placed the photo with all the mats. For the title, I used a vellum die cut but matted it in white cardstock and added foam tape behind it. Then, I place it covering a little bit of the photo and used the black label frame to give it a resting place.


To embellish the layout, I added a die cut piece that looks like a notebook paper. In the corner, I added a camera from the stickers, and a banner die cut. At the top, I added the black phrase. 


In the opposite corner, I made a little cluster using a foam floral and stickers. 


Since the paper has black dots, I decided to use the stamps from the kit with black and gray ink to create the starburst designs. Then, using black and gold paint, I added splatters around the layout.


To enhance the design in the bottom corner of the paper, I added a few stickers, paint splatters, and the stamped designs.
.


This was a quick layout to create, and I love how it looks because the photo is the focus, but it looks artistic and beautiful. This design is perfect for all themes, so give it a try!


Thank you for your visit. I hope you like this design, and it inspires you to craft. Don't forget to come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments