Life is Art, Create Layout

Hello!

My youngest daughter is very crafty and enjoys using paints, so when I saw the paintbrush paper, I knew I had to use it for some photos of her in action. This paper is one of the beautiful papers included in the January Main kit from My Creative Scrapbook

To create this layout, I was inspired by one of the sketches provided this month. I kept the main design but made a few changes to adapt it to my idea of using the brushes instead of the tags.



As suggested by the sketch, I used two photos placed slightly tilted and matted with patterned paper. 


For the top part, I used the brushes which I fussy cut from the paper. Using the fringed scissor, I cut them to make them look more realistic and to add texture to the layout.


I used the five brushes in the paper and tucked them behind the central paper. Here is where I made a few changes. I added paint behind each brush, trying to match the colors. Then, I embellished the top border of the central paper with flowers that I fussy cut from the floral paper.


For the title, I used the same suggested position. I used a circle and a word die cut to create it. Then I added a foam clipboard to the right photo and an arrow to the left photo to give it more interest.
 

Below the photos, instead of only adding the journaling, I embellished a little to balance the layout since the top area is very busy. For that, I used die cuts and stickers. 


In the end, I added a few paint splatters in gold and black around the page and tore a piece on the top and bottom and backed it with a script paper. For additional texture, I added staples to those torn areas.


The last details added to this layout was the black scalloped border. After using this border in a previous layout, I still had a little piece that was enough to cover the visible area of this layout, so I added it to the sides giving the impression that it is a full border.


Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft. Come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments