Kiss Me, My Love Layout

Hello! I enjoy having lunch with my hubby. Those moments are good for us to talk and have some special time together. When possible, we take at least a selfie of us during those moments. Last December, we went to a restaurant and one of the workers offered to take some pictures of us. She took a few photos, and they are all great. To document these memories, I'm using the amazing Simple Vintage Love Story collection by Simple Stories. I'm in love with this collection, it has all the things I love with an elegant and vintage style. Now, let's talk about how I made this layout.

The first thing I did was use the stencil and Distress Oxide Lost Shadow to create the Love words in the background. After that, I started arranging the different patterned papers from the collection. To continue with the vintage and elegant look, I distressed the edges of the papers and tore some edges. I used five different patterns and matted the photos with the Vintage Basics papers. I love having those papers since they have the same colors as the collection which makes the coordinating process super easy! I used the same paper to mat the photos, on one side it is raspberry and on the other yellow. Look at how amazing these papers are!



Then, to create more layers in the layout, I added two die cut labels. One pink label on top of the photo and a wine label on the side of the photo. The pink label has a staple printed and it looks so realistic, that people may think I added the staple. On the sides of the photos, I added a die cut ephemera. I cut it in half and used both pieces. This die cut gives the impression of having a cluster of papers and a doily, but it is only one piece. Perfect to add visual dimension without creating bulkiness in the layout!


Continuing with the vintage look, I used the rub-ons on the opposite corners of the photos. I used some of the pieces that look like a textbook to add a special touch to the background that looks like I did a lot of mixed media, but the truth is that it’s just a bit of rub-ons. Don't you like having this style without any effort? After that, I started embellishing the layout using stickers (foam, cardstock, and washi), die cuts, enamel dots, and decorative brads.

For the title, I used two of the phrases of foam stickers. I placed one on top of the photos and the other on the bottom. Then, I embellished around them to create clusters that will capture the viewers' attention. The clip above the photo is from the Vintage Essentials collection.  



At this point, the layout is almost finished but I decided to add paint splatters. For that, I used black acrylic paint diluted with water and a brush.

The finishing touch was adding the floral patterned paper to the top and bottom of the layout. Instead of adding the paper to the top of the layout, this time I cut the white cardstock, distressed it, and tore a piece. Then, I backed the area with a strip of the patterned paper and added staples to the torn areas. By doing this I continued with the same look and designs to create balance in the layout and have a better finishing look. 

If you want to see how I made this layout, take a look at the process video here:



If you haven't seen this collection, you need to check it out, it's amazing! Take a look at the finished layout. I love how it turned out and having these memories documented in such a beautiful way.



Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do! Don't forget to come back for more inspiration. Have a wonderful day, crafty friend!


No comments