My Fabulous Nails Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful Friday! I'm very happy to share with you layout #14 from Allison Davis' class using 6" x 6" paper pads to create 12" x 12" layout. As mentioned in my previous posts, I'm a little behind but I'm doing my best to catch up before Monday, when she will present sketch #17. I can't share with you the original sketch because this is a paid class, but I can share my interpretation of it, which is pretty close to the original. Since I just want to catch up with the class, I'm working quickly with these layouts, which is why I haven't done any mixed media in these days. Next week I'll be back with all those designs I love to create using paint, cut files, and more.

Let's start with this layout. The papers, stickers, and die cuts are all from the Enchanted collection by Simple Stories. This collection is from a few years ago, but it still looks pretty and up to date. The photos are of my toddler girl, who loves to wear makeup, color her nails, and wear dresses and bows. That day she decided to used a pack of Minnie Mouse nails that my sister gave her. She opened the package and put a nail in each of her fingers. Despite the fact they were huge, she was happy and feeling amazing! 

But let's talk about the design, especially the changes I made to the original sketch. First, I added a border around the layout using a stripes paper and the stitched border was something I added too. Another thing I changed was the size of the banners, I made them shorter to let the stars in the paper be seen. Also, I matted the photo using a yellow patterned paper and leave a little space in between the big banners.

For the title, and to embellish the layout, I used stickers from the collection and die cuts. The small hearts were fussy cut from one of the sticker's border. The stitching was made using the sewing machine and pink thread. To give the layout some dimension, I used foam tape in some of the embellishments and in the pink letters of the title. The journaling was printed in a label I fussy cut from one of the 12" x 12" papers of the collection. 



Well, that is all for this page! It's a clean layout that gives the opportunity of using many patterned papers in little pieces, perfect to use those scraps we sometimes have. I had fun making it and love how it turned out. Do you like it? I hope the answer is yes and that it inspires you to craft. Thanks for your visit and come back soon for more inspiration, let's see if I'm able to create another layout tomorrow!




No comments