Hello December Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful Christmas season! This is my favorite time of the year and today I'm sharing with you my first holiday layout using a photo that I love from last year photo shooting. To create this layout, I was inspired by the Winter Floral 2 cut file from JustNick. During today, this cut file will be free in the shop, but if you miss the 12 Days of Christmas Freebies, you can purchase it in the shop along with the Pointsettia 2 to create this elegant page.


The papers and embellishments used in this layout are from Vicki Boutin Warm Wishes collection.


I started this layout by cutting the cut files in white textured cardstock from American Crafts using the Silhouette Cameo. The settings I used are: Blade depth 4, Force 30, and Speed 2. Then, instead of backing the poinsettia, I fussy cut the design a little big bigger using a red paper from Warm Wishes. I glued the flowers in the center only and used foam tape in between the big and the small poinsettia and behind the big one.



This time, I used a patterned paper as the background. Since this is a busy paper in a dark color, I decided to add some pieces of patterned paper in green and red. To mat the photo, I used one of the 4" x 6" card in the collection. Once the papers were ready, I glued all of them and added the photo and the poinsettia. Then, to embellish the flower, I added two of the Winter Floral 2 cut file in the corner of the photo.

To create dimension in the page, I used foam tape behind some of the embellishments like the flower, title, and some of the die cuts.


On the left side of the photo, I made a little cluster using die cuts from the collection and added a piece of twine to the tag. Also, I used a chipboard tab with a word puffy sticker. 



In the center of the poinsettia, I added some metallic pearls from Pinkfresh Studio in gold. 


The final touch on the layout was the snowflakes chipboard.


Thanks for your visit, I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do. 

3 comments

  1. Is there anywhere I can get a copy of these awesome cut files - so inspired by this layout

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! She closed her Just Nick Studio shop. Try contacting her on Instagram @nicolenowosad and ask her if she can sell them to you.

      Delete