Family Time Layout

 Hi!

Last week I started working on an idea I had in my mind on recording some of the things we do during this covid-19 pandemic. I started with this layout about some of the TV series we binge watched together, during the nights since this started in March 2020 to the present. They are a lot of series, so I printed some of them in a small size to create a collage in two 4x6 photos. These photos are so busy that I can't add a lot of things to the layout, to maintain it clean and focus on the photos and the story. I added a lot of journaling to this layout, but it is hidden. Check the photos below and the process video at the end, to see how I made it and maybe it inspires you to create and journal some of the things you've been doing too.

The papers I used to create this layout are from Simple Stories Quarantined collection. This is a small collection with only six double sided pattered papers, many of them with cuttable cards, and one sheet of stickers but sadly no die cuts which I love to use in my projects because they are easy to use and great for clusters. Anyways, I decided to use a heart paper punch to embellish the layout and a few banners, all cut out from the papers.


I started by matting the photo in the yellow paper and then in the blue paper. After that, I chose and cut the papers for the background and border stripe. 


After that, I cut a piece of the blue paper to create a hinge between the photos and the blue paper. When it was folded and added to the photos, I added the journaling to the layout, hiding it. I used a piece of red cardstock to cover the designs in the back of the yellow paper that I used to mat the photos since they don't look pretty when the flap was open. 


Using a black Micron pen and a t-ruler, I created a border around the blue paper and the journaling. Then, to embellish the flap, I fuzzy cut a sofa from one of the cards and added one of the journaling cards from another paper to the red cardstock, this way it doesn't look so empty and I can add some handwritten journaling about the favorite series of each one of us.


Another thing I did to remember the hidden journaling, was to add a tab in the corner of the photos. This way the viewer knows there is something, especially my family that knows I sometimes hide the journaling. The tab was cut by hand and I added a sticker phrase, then bordered it with the black pen. The red border was made with cardstock and an very, very old Sizzix 12" border die. I love using those dies because they are almost 12" inch and with the electronic machines I can't  have them that quickly and in that measure. In the next photo you can see the hearts I punched. I added them with foam tape and enhanced them with small glitter hearts from a Shimelle collection.


Then comes the final part, the details. I added more hearts to the upper corner and a few Nuvo Drops in Caribbean Ocean, Dandelion Yellow, Simply White, and Red Berry. Also, I machine stitched around the layout and matted it in red cardstock. The title is from American Crafts Thickers 2nd Ave. I love how the gold color and the foam texture enhance it and capture the viewer's attention.



In the bottom corner of the photos I did a little cluster by adding paper banners in different sizes and adding some stickers. The house was placed in the corner to help maintain the flap in place. A few Nuvo Drops and a heart was added there for continuity. 



That's all for this layout, I hope you like and enjoy it. Take a look at the process video, it's short and at the end you can see the details closer. Click here and don't forget to press the like button if you enjoy it and subscribe to my channel.
 

Thanks for your visit, come back soon for more inspiration. My next post will be a girly layout with modeling paste, stencil, mixed media, paints, sequins, pearls, and flowers. Don't miss it!


No comments