You Are Happy Layout

Hi!

Last week I took some time to check my paper stash and selected a few collections to work with because I purchased them some time ago, maybe years, and haven't use them yet. This is how I decided to create a layout using the gorgeous and elegant Simple Stories Vintage Botanical collection. I enjoy doing this layout, because it have some of the things I enjoy the most. It have a cut file, paints, flowers, butterflies and cute details. I recorded the process of doing this layout for you to enjoy and maybe get some ideas, it is at the end of this post. But before, I will share with you some photos of the layout and the process of creating this beautiful layout for my girl.

I started the layout by cutting the wreath with my Silhouette Cameo. This cut file is from Simple Stories too and is available in the Silhouette store. I used a solid papers from the collection. I wanted to give the leaves some texture and interest, this is when I used a black pen (not recorded in the video) to add lines to some of the leaves, but I didn't like how they look but I will not through away the wreath, so I have to fix this.  


This collection is a little bit old, and I don't know why, I only bought the papers and the 12" x 12" stickers sheets and not the die cuts. Anyway, this situation and the lines I made in the leaves, push me to be more creative in this layout to save the wreath. I checked all the papers from the collection and fuzzy cut a full sheet of florals, then I cut out all the 4" x 6", 4" x 4" and 3" x 4" cards from the papers and cut the flowers, labels, butterflies, and quotes in them to use as embellishments. 

When I finished fuzzy cutting everything, I had a lot of embellishments for this and for future layouts. To give the layout a more artistic look, I did a little bit of mixed media using paints. The white cardstock was prepared in advanced with clear gesso. The paints used are from Shimmerz, the colors are Pink, Ride the Tide, Scarlett's Fever and Miner, Miner 49er. When the background was ready and the pain was dry, I cut the white cardstock to 11 1/4" x 11 1/4 and mat it in a stripes paper from the collection to create a border around the page, then machine stitched around it.

Since I had all the embellishments ready (from all the fuzzy cutting), I used them to embellish the layout in the corners of the photos. Some of them where added with liquid adhesive and others with foam adhesive to add dimension and interest to the layout.

The green polka dot and pink leaves where cut using a Sizzix die and papers from the collection.

Once the clusters were ready and I liked how they looked, I added the Nuvo drops. The colors used are Simply White, Bubblegum Blush and Honey Gold. Then, I added the final touch, glitter around the butterflies using Stickle Star Dust. 


The little doily used to mat the label is from Doodlebug, I don't know if they still sell them because I have them for some time (years) but they are a most have.

Something I forgot to tell you, to mat the photos I used 3" x 4" cards. Some of them had a hole in the middle because I cut embellishment from them using an X-Acto knife to prevent damaging the edges of the cards.

The title is in foam and is from Simple Stories I Am 2 collection. I love having those foam titles because they makes crafting easier and I don't have to spend a lot of time finding letters and the best part, they gives the pages texture and dimension.


If you want to see how I made this layout, check the process video here:


Thanks for your visit, hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon, for more inspiration. Now I'm working on a Disney Mini Album and hopefully this week I'll be sharing it.


 

No comments