Gnome Love with Shaker Heart Card

Hi

Yesterday I took some time to create a shaker card for Valentine's Day. I enjoy making shakers because they always bring a smile into my face when I see the movement of the sequins and also, because they brings a smile to the recipients regardless of their age.

This card measures 5" x 5" when closed. I made it using the lovely Be Mine collection by Miss Kate Designs. I started it by making the shaker using heart nested dies by We R Memory Keepers. I used two sizes of dies to create the frame, considering having enough space between them to add the foam adhesive. For the shaker I used sequins from Michaels and Target, I checked my stash and used a little bit of everything that coordinates and has hearts. To embellish the shaker, I made a cute little bow using the papers from the collection and another die I bought in Amazon some time ago. Finally, I cut the papers to create the card background. I used a coral paper, the white and gray hearts paper, and a small piece of the diagonal stripes paper. To enhance the stripes paper, I made a scalloped border using a paper punch. Then, I embellished the card using die cuts from the Be Mine collection and printed a Gnome from Miss Kate Cuttables digital shop and cut it as a die cut, leaving some white border around it.


As you can see, this is a quick card, but I love how it looks. I'm a fan of shakers, they make everything happier and pretty, don't you agree? Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like this card as much as I do and it inspires you. Right now I'm organizing some project ideas in my head, so I'll be back soon and sharing more of my projects with you!


 

No comments