Heart Shaker Mini Album

 Hi

I know Valentine's Day is over, but I made a cute heart shape mini album to showcase the photos of my daughters while opening their presents. For Valentine's Day we always give them a present, something small to celebrate love. The truth is, we only buy gifts for them, because we are always having details with one another, but since they are kids, we surprise them with some details, especially this year that is harder to go out for a nice dinner and they are having school at home. The mini album was made using Miss Kate Designs Be Mini Paper and Stickers Kit. When the album is closed (in the widest side) it measures 5" wide by 4" tall. You can see all the pages in the photos below, and a flip through video at the end of this post.

To make the cover more interesting and fun, I created a shaker and added a few stickers. To embellish the album faster, I took all the stickers included in the kit and backed them with white cardstock. Then, I fuzzy cut around the edges and converted them into die cuts. 

The album was made using white cardstock hearts that I cut using the Silhouette Cameo. I added two hearts together using a small piece of white cardstock, leaving 1/8" gap in between the hearts. Then, I added a larger piece of cardstock from the top heart to the back heart. Once the album was ready, I started matting it using papers from the collection. To make the process easier, I cut the hearts in the Silhouette Cameo too.

Then came the fun part, embellishing the album. I added white cardstock matted in patterned papers to each page and embellished the pages with the stickers. For some of them I used foam adhesive to add texture and interest to the pages.

Another nice detail was using a piece of red scallop border in the pages. I made the border with an old Stampin' Up edge punch I have in my stash and hope never gets damaged because it is my favorite and I haven't found another like it.

As you can see, it's a quick, simple, but super cute mini album to preserve photos of a nice moment. It was fun to make this album and my daughters love it!

Check the flip through video here, so you see the movement in the shaker and how cute it is:

Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoy this project and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration. My next project is going to be a layout, don't miss it!


No comments