Grateful Heart Layout

Hi

How are you? I'm very happy to share with you the second layout I made yesterday during the iNSD. This is something I haven't been able to do for a long time, but I decided to stay crafting and having fun for the day. It was so good, but to make it better, I made a this layout using a photo of me and my daughters. Since I'm usually the one taking the photos, I don't often appear in them, but this one was a special one. My husband took it a day we were having lunch in a restaurant before going to a short vacation here in the island because we didn't want to travel with all this Covid-19 situation in the world. 

I need to tell you that I had a lot of fun doing this layout. It came out really quickly and I love how it turned out. I was inspired by the photo and my love for my daughters, and the products I selected made it easy. This gorgeous collection from Simple Stories is named Simply Vintage Cottage Field.  

Since the photo was printed in black and white, it was easy for me to choose the colors I wanted from the collection. I did this because the colors in the photo didn't coordinate with the colors of the collection. I started by matting the photo with a frame, then used cards 4" x 6" from the papers to mat the photo. 

I choose three patterned papers to create the layers on top and bottom. I tore the papers and distressed them. This adds a lot of texture and works perfect with the vintage look of the collection. I added the papers to the white cardstock using a thin line of liquid adhesive, so I could add embellishments between the paper strips.

When the top and bottom parts were ready, I worked with the middle. For that, I cut a piece of the dotted papers bigger than the photo mats, I tore the bottom edge and distressed it. Also, I cut a piece of the gingham paper, cut the edges in "V" shape to mimic a banner and distressed it. I added the papers to the layout starting with the dotted paper, then the gingham, and finally the photos with the mats.

After the papers were ready, I started embellishing the layout using die cuts, dimensional stickers, and chipboards to create the clusters. Then, I noticed I didn't have a lot of space for the title, so I chose a little one from the foam titles pack of the collection and used a teal label sticker to mat it. 

For another texture and a gold detail, I used Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er to add splatters to the layout. Since the layout was so busy, I decided to print the journaling in vellum, this way it is more subtle. 

This is basically how I made this layout. Thanks for staying with me during this post. I hope you like this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft. Have a wonderful day!






No comments