My Turn Layout

 Hi!

Yesterday was the international scrapbook day (iNSD) and to celebrate it, I stayed at home scrapbooking and finished two layouts. This is the first of them to document my process of Covid-19 vaccination. The photo is not the best since my husband was supposed to take a photo but he wasn't able to do it. Anyway, I used the only photo I have from a selfie I manage to take.

Last year, Pink Fresh Studio released the Let's Stay Home collection. It is beautiful, the papers are very thick and the collection has a lot of coordinating embellishments to document the pandemic. I bought the collection immediately when it was released but hadn't used it until yesterday. For this iNSD my only plan was to scrapbook with products from no more than a year ago that I purchased but are still new. So during this month, while trying to complete some challenges for the iNSD, you are going to see how I used a few of those new products I have in my stash.

The first thing I did was cut the title from Peartree Cutfiles. Then, I cut the letters from a blue patterned papers in the same size to add them with foam adhesive instead of backing the file. After that, I prepared a white cardstock with clear gesso, this way it can hold the water and paints from the mixed media. 

Using the packaging technique, I added pink paint to the cardstock with Distress Oxide Kitsch Flamingo. Then, I added blue splatters from Heidi Swapp Color Shine Ocean, gold from Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er, and silver from Nuvo Mica Mist Silver Smoke. After that, for more texture, I used a Tim Holtz Dot Fade stencil with modeling paste to create the dotted texture. It is a subtle detail that adds more interest to the layout and the mixed media.

Once the mixed media was finished and dried, I reduced the cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and added the rainbow fuzzy cut from one of the papers. I cut out the excess of rainbow from the white cardstock and matted it on the blue patterned paper from the collection. Then, I used the sewing machine to stitch a white border around the layout and sewed the rainbow on using a similar color.

The photo was matted with a yellow paper from the collection and it was added to the layout using liquid adhesive, taking care to not cover the message on top of the rainbow. After that, I added the title. The letters in "turn" were added with foam adhesive for dimension. A few embellishments were added to layout using die cuts, foam stickers, a bow, and an envelope that holds the journaling. Everything is from Pink Fresh Studio except for the flowers that are from American Crafts Buenos Días by Obed Marshall.

This is a busy layout, with all the mixed media, the rainbow, and big title, which is why I maintain the embellishments to a minimum. I'm just trying to document this pandemic in a creative way. Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft. 



No comments