Little Moments Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! I'm in the blog today to share with you a new layout I made for one of Cocoa Vanilla Studio's challenge for the International Scrapbook Day (iNSD) 2021. The challenge was to make a layout using a sketch by Laura Albert and products from Cocoa Vanilla Studio. My layout is not exactly like the sketch, but I love how it turned out. At the end of this post you can see the process video of how I created this layout.

This is the sketch designed by Laura Alberts. As you can see my version has butterflies instead of hearts. Because the butterflies are so big, I used only six instead of all suggested by the sketch and I changed their position. This is the good thing of working with a sketch, you can interpret it as you want to make it work for your products and/or photos.



For this layout, I used Happiness collection by Cocoa Vanilla Studio. This is not a new collection but A Cherry On Top had it a few months ago, and it is so pretty that I bought the kit. From this collection, I used the background paper and the wood grain paper to mat the photos. Also, I fuzzy cut the top butterflies from one of the papers and used an old die from Spellbinder to cut the butterflies from vellum (translucent and metallic silver) and from patterned papers. The stickers used in the layout are also from the collection.


The title is from Cocoa Vanilla Studio Daydream collection. I used an X-Acto knife and a scissor to remove some of the white in the title, then added it to the layout using foam adhesive.


This is a simple layout. What took more time was fuzzy cutting the butterflies and cutting around the title, the rest of it was simple and quick.


Since the layout suggested a floral piece near the title, I used flowers I had already cut from a Daydream paper.


I spent some time deciding where to put the butterflies and to what direction. After some time, I decided to tilt them because I didn't like the straight look.


In the process video you can see how I made the butterflies. They have three layers, from bottom to top: patterned paper, vellum, and patterned paper. In between the layers I added a little bit of foam adhesive to give them dimension and interest. As mentioned before, the big butterflies were cut using an old Spellbinder die.


If you follow my work, you know I add some stitching to most of my layouts, and this will not be the exception. I machine stitched on top of the butterflies from texture and to fix them to the layout. But also, around the layout three times in a messy way. This adds movement to the layout, which works perfectly with the butterflies and the photos of my daughter touching the water.


At the end, I added a few wood hearts I purchased in a local department store. They are really cute and the package include a lot of them in a variety of sizes that works perfect in layouts and cards.


Then, I added paint splatters in gold using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er. I love this paint, the gold shade is beautiful, you can see in the video this bottle is almost over, but I have a new one in my stash and another one is on its way, to be sure I don't run out of it.

Now, the process video of how I made the layout. It is a quick video, since I don't have  lot of time to watch video, I try to make mines short in case you are like me. Hope you like it and please, give me a thumbs up if you enjoy it and/or learn something. This way I feel motivated to create more content for my YouTube channel.


Thanks for your visit and come back soon for more inspiration!

No comments