School Life Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Welcome to my blog! Today I'm sharing a new layout I made for the Create With Alison YouTube hop. She's celebrating 250 subscribers and as part of the celebration, she asked me and a group of crafty ladies to create a project inspired by one of her layouts. In this post, I'm going to show you how I made my layout and you can find the process video at the end. 

Since the idea is to scrap-lift one of Alison's layouts, I chose "The Perfect Spot" for inspiration. I love the flower clusters on her page and the notebook paper edge in the green paper. My layout is a school theme project, which is why I didn't use flowers. As you can see, my layout isn't an exact replica, but you can see many elements of her page in mine. 


For my layout, I chose a white patterned papers as Alison did, with a subtle design to use as my base and matted it on black cardstock, then machine stitched a border around the paper. After that, I decided to mimic the look of the notebook paper by using a paper punch. I punched two stripes of paper and tore a few spots to make it look more realistic. Then, I placed the stripes on the left side of the layout. The products used in my layout are from Simple Stories School Life collection.



In my layout, I chose a yellow patterned paper a little wider than the one Alison used in her layout, but shorter. I cut it wider to use two photos. As in Alison's layout, I rounded the right side corners of the yellow paper. After doing that I noticed it looks like a notebook, don't you think?  Another element I scrap-lifted from Alison was the stitched line in the left, but instead of hand stitching it, I used the sewing machine and red thread. This simple border adds texture and interest to the layout.


The next part was adding the title. I used a chipboard piece from the collection and used thin foam adhesive to give it more dimension. 


Then, I created a little cluster to the right using die cuts. Some of them were added with foam adhesive.
The date was stamped using black ink.


In the process video you can see when I added the phrases to the layout. But when I turned the camera off and left the layout to dry, I accidentally touched the drops on top of the title. The black one made a disaster. I removed the white word that was originally there and substituted it with two new phrases to cover the mess and added new drops in yellow and black. I'm mentioning it so you know why I changed them. 


As in Alison's layout, I decided to add the journaling on top of the photo. I printed it in white cardstock and arranged the tags. To embellished the tags, I used a piece of red gingham ribbon and made a bow using white crochet thread. 


At the end, I added a few stars with foam adhesive and some Nuvo drops in Black Board, Dandelion Yellow, and Red Berry. Something I forgot to tell you was the gray border I made around the cork paper using a gel pen, but you can see it in the video.


If you want to see the process video of how I made this layout, check the following video.



I invite you to hop with us on YouTube, you can start with my video here, check the description box of my video for the links of the other ladies. At the end of the hop you can participate to win one of two $25 Gift Certificate from Scrapbook Nerd store. Don't forget to like the videos and to subscribe to all the channels for inspiration!

Have a wonderful day!

No comments