Kiss Magic Layout

 Hi

Hope you are having a great day! Last week I started a class with Allison Davis from Scrapbook Generation. The class is going to last 20 weeks and each week she will present a 12" x 12" sketch to make a layout using 6" x 6" paper pads. The idea for the first sketch was to create a layout using a square photo in the middle, backed with a sheet of 6" x 6" paper and lots of circles and rings in the background. Since this is a paid class, I can't show you the sketch but I can share with you my interpretation of it.


The 6" x 6" paper pads I used for this layout are from Echo Park Paper Magical Adventure and a sheet from Remember the Magic (the one with the gloves backing the photo).


Since this is a very busy layout with all the circles, colors and patterns, I maintained the title area simple with a tag. I bordered it with a white pen to mimic stitching. Then, added white foam Thickers to write the word "kiss" and two stickers that look like washi tape from a Maggie Holmes stickers book. The blue heart is from Echo Park Paper. For some texture, I added a piece of twine to the tag and made a bow using white crochet thread. 



For more dimension to the layout, the Mickey faces were added using foam adhesive, as well as the smallest circles. All the circles were cut using paper punches in different sizes but they can be cut using dies or electronic cutting machines. Also, they can be substituted by any other shape. For texture, I hand stitched around some of the circles using embroidery thread. Then, I added a few small Mickey faces from a Buttons Galore mix pack. 





The last touch to finish the layout was reducing the white cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and mat it with a black cardstock. This simple detail adds a nice finish to the layout making it prettier. Then, I added a stitched border in white. This layout looks simple, but took some time to cut the circles, do the stitching and adding the small details. Although it took me some time, I enjoy doing it, and love how it turned out. Thanks for staying with me during this post, I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft!



2 comments