Wallet 6" x 8" Mini Album Tutorial

Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! Today I'm sharing with you a Christmas mini album I made using My Creative Scrapbook December 2021 Main Kit. This is my first month being part of their Design Team and I'm very happy to share with you my ideas using their kits. This mini album I'm sharing was inspired by one I made last year for Christmas too, but this one is bigger. It is 6" x 8" when closed, which allows for more decorations and photos. You can find the written tutorial of this mini album at My Creative Scrapbook or you can download it here, at the end of the post. Also, you can see a process video showing how to construct the mini album and at the end you can see a flip through of how the mini album turned out using the December Main Kit, so stay with me during this post to see this beautiful mini album and learn how to make it!

Let me give you some tips before showing the album. I used thick white cardstock for the construction. I suggest it would be 85-110 lbs. I used 8 1/2" x 11" sheets which was what I had on hand, but you can use 12" x 12" if this is what you have. I recommend strong double sided tape for the construction, this way the album will stay together. I made a shaker, but I don't recommend it because it was too thick for the binding and doesn't allow it to close properly. If you want to add a shaker, I suggest you increase the gaps that are around the center (waterfall) part. The last tip: have fun while doing it, enjoy the process, and decorate according to your style and photos!

Now, let's see the pages of the mini album! This is how the album looks when you open it. 


In these pages, I used patterned papers, die cuts, washi tape, and an exclusive cut file that I backed with papers and vellum. Also, I used cardstock in white and red, as well as a doily paper punch on the right side of the photo.

In the next page, you can see the beautiful chipboard words from the kit. They are so pretty and coordinate perfectly with the papers. Since this mini closes like a wallet, I didn't use foam adhesive on it to prevent bulkiness that can make the album break.


For this page, I used the stencil in the kit with Distress Oxide Inks in Peacock Feathers and Salvage Patina to create the background, then embellished it with patterned paper, cardstock, and die cuts.


I love adding shakers to my projects and when I saw the exclusive trees cut file for Traveler's Notebooks, I decided to use it on the mini album. I cut the file in white cardstock, added a piece of transparency on the back, and border it with foam tape. Also, I bordered each tree with foam tape. After that, I added glitters on each tree area and covered everything with green cardstock. On the side, I made space for the photos using a piece of cardstock folded in half and closed with a piece of twine.


For the next page, I created a pocket using one of the cards from the papers. Inside I added two die cut pieces to make the page interactive.


This page is also interactive with a pocket that allow you to use photos in landscape or portrait orientation. It was decorated using another exclusive cut file from My Creative Scrapbook.


Something I forgot to mention is that I machine stitched around the background papers before adding them to the album. In the next page you can see another cut file backed in vellum and patterned paper.


To enhance the photo mats, I draw a black border around them using a thin pen.


For this page I used the manufacturer's kit cover. The one that have 2" x 2" squares from the papers. I cut a piece of it and used in the background with red cardstock.


This flap is a little smaller, but it looks so cute! I decorated it with papers, washi, die cuts and a circle I fuzzy cut from one of the cards in the papers.


For the next page, I used the stencil again, with Distress Oxide Ink in Salvaged Patina. On top of it, I added gold splatters made with Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er. Then, I decorated the page using the kit.


This is the other side of the small flap. I used patterned paper on the background and added a piece of paper behind the photo mat and a few embellishments from the kit.


The last photo is the waterfall in the middle of the album. It can hold 4" x 4" photos. In the video you can see how I made it and how the mats looks on the inside with the phrases cards. To maintain the mats secure, I added a band with magnets.

You can download the instructions for the mini album here.

Watch the process video here:


Thanks for staying with me during this long post. If you have any question, please let me know and I'll be happy to help you. I hope you enjoy and like this project as much as I do, if this is the case, don't forget to share it with your friends, like the video and subscribe to my channel. 

Have an amazing day!



 

No comments