Life is Good Mini Album with Tutorial

 Hi!

Happy day friend! I'm very excited to share with you a new project I made for My Creative Scrapbook using the January Creative Kit. This kit is so pretty, the papers are gorgeous and perfect for all kinds of paper crafts, and you get lots of embellishments in it. If you haven't seen it, go check it out! The binder I'm using is 6" x 8" and is a naked binder My Creative Scrapbook have as an Add-on in their website. To make this album, I created my own pages using thick cardstock (80 lbs. or more). You can see the video at the end of this post to see how I made them, so stay with me to see photos of the pages and learn all the details about them.

The first thing I did was to decorate the covers using patterned papers from the kit, leaving a border around the binder. On the front, I added a piece of white ribbon and made a bow. For the title I cut one of the 4" x 4" cards of the papers, added a piece of dark blue cardstock to mat it, and decorated with flowers and butterflies I fussy cut from the papers. The "2022" was made with the Thickers in the kit, I colored them using a metal watercolor paint I found in Marshall's. Once the cover was ready,  I continued decorating the cover on the inside of the binder. For that, I made a pocket, added it to the binder and then decorated with patterned papers and the embellishments from the kit. The back cover was only covered with patterned paper.

Now it's time for the pages. I made different pages and added flaps, pockets, and some interactive elements to many of them. I made a total of six pages and decorated them using the kit and coordinating cardstocks in blue, dark blue, light coral, and dark coral. In the next photos you can see all the pages, and don't forget to watch the flip through video at the end of this post.

Page 1 has a flap that opens to the right to reveal more spaces for photos, including a "matchbox" style 3" x 4" card. I mixed patterned papers to add interest to the pages and decorated them using the embellishments from the kit and a few flowers, butterflies, and cameras I fussy cut from papers. Also, I added a gold bow I made using a die and glitter paper.



In between page one and two, I added a 4" x 6" card from one of the papers and embellished it on one of the sides.


Page 2 has a thin pocket that can hold different sizes of photos and memorabilia. I embellished it with a tag from the die cut pack and added a piece of twine. On the back of the page, I added a folded card that has space for two 4" x 4" photos. 

Page 3 is simple, just the 6 3/4" x 8 1/2" cardstock decorated as a mini layout. I made this page to hold two selfie photos of myself and, in the back, it can hold two more photos.



In between pages three and four I added another 4" x 6" card from the papers and I embellished one of the sides.

Page 4 is a diagonal pocket that can hold big photos and memorabilia. Since I used the rainbow paper, which is a busy one, I only added a piece of blue patterned paper, a scalloped border made with a paper punch, dark blue cardstock, and the alphas included in the kit. This time, I painted them gold. On the back side, I mixed patterned papers and embellished the layout to hold two photos.

Page 5 is another side pocket, This one is a little wider than the one on page 2. I covered the page using patterned papers and embellished them with a piece of chipboard, sticker, die cut, and a fussy cut flower. On the back I made a mini layout for a 4" x 4" photo and decorated it with a chipboard banner and more flowers and butterflies from the papers.


Page 6 is a two flaps page. When you open them, a new mini layout is revealed giving you space to add four more photos to the album. Then, on the back you have space for another 4" x 4" photo.



As you can see, this album can hold many photos and is very girly. I made this album thinking of one of the goals I have for 2022 which is to take more photos of me. Since I'm usually the one photographing everyone, I don't appear in many of the photos. But this year I want to change that. I want to be present in more photos and, also, to take more selfies so I can document and record my story in this album.

You can see the flip through of this album and the tutorial to create the pages here:

You can see only the flip through of the mini album here:

I prepared a PDF with the measurements and you can download it here.

This was a long post, but I hope you enjoy this album as much as a I do and it inspires you to craft. Thanks for staying with me and have a wonderful day!

No comments