You & Me Happy Together Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are having a joyful day! Today I'm sharing with you a layout I designed for Cut To You by Gwen 25 Days of Christmas' projects share. I used the Star Cluster cut file, it is a beautiful design that can be used for Christmas projects but also for many other themes like birthdays, Disney, and more. Go to her blog for more Christmas ideas and don't forget to visit her shop for amazing designs! But now, let's talk about this layout and how I made it. Also, you can see the process video at the end of this post.



I started this layout by cutting the cut file twice, in different sizes. The biggest cluster was backed using a metallic vellum but you can use any kind of vellum for this. The smaller cluster was backed using patterned papers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio Merry and Bright collection.

I separated the stars from the cluster using a scissor and fixed the end points, then added them on top of the vellum cluster using foam tape in the center. This creates a beautiful effect and adds dimension to the layout.


To help the cut file stand out in the white background, I added a coral paint to it. For that, I prepared the white cardstock with clear gesso and let it dry. Then, using Shimmerz paints in Peachy Keen and Cheeky Pink mixed together and diluted in water, I added color to the paper using a brush. Once the paint was dry, I added splatters using the same coral paint, Shimmerz in Miner, Miner 49er, and white acrylic paint.


To enhance the stars a little more, I used gold gumdrops from Your Next Stamps. They look great in the stars and add that glitter and gold touch that is perfect for Christmas projects.


When the background paint was dry and ready, I started adding the papers to the layout. For that, I used a sheet of green gingham from the 6" x 8" paper pad because this pattern is not available in the 12" x 12" papers. Then, using a doily border punch by We R Memory Keepers I created two borders, one in peach and the other in blue, both using patterned papers from the collection. I love adding these touches to my project because they are simple, I can use my punches, and they gives the layout texture, dimension, and interest, while making the layout more elegant, girly, and pretty.


For more texture, I distressed the edges of the papers and photo mats a little. The title was made using Thickers from American Crafts in gold. I always add a little bit of liquid adhesive to secure them to the layout because I live in a hot and humid island and they tend to fall from the pages.


Since I love to stitch in my projects and recently bought a metallic gold thread, I wanted to use it and this was the perfect opportunity. I reduced the white cardstock to 11 3/8" x 11 3/8" and framed it with the woodgrain paper. In the video you can see that I save the interior part of the woodgrain paper by making a frame of 1" around all the border before adding the layout to it.


The last detail I added to the layout were wood stars that I had in my stash. I don't know who made them because I bought them in a local craft store some time ago and placed them in a resealable bag without any info on the manufacturer. They are very cute and came in three sizes, which add interest and balance the layout.


This is a quick and fun layout that you can replicate to document your Christmas memories or any other moment. If you want to see a quick process video of how I made it, you can find it in my YouTube channel. If you like and enjoy the video, don't forget to give it a like and subscribe to my channel for more inspiration.



Thanks for staying with me during this post. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! 

No comments