Fun & Joy Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are having a great day! I'm back today at the blog with another project for My Creative Scrapbook using the December Main Kit. After making the mini album, I still had a few pieces of paper, the glitter alphabet, and chipboard words that I can use to create a layout with the December sketch. Since I used so many die cuts in the mini album, I only had a few left, especially phrases, but I was looking for something else to use in my layout. This is when I decided to make some poinsettias with an old Sizzix Tim Holtz die I had in my stash to create the clusters in the page. Stay with me during this post, to read all the details and see photos of how I made this layout. Also, at the end, you can find the process video to create this layout.

I started this layout by doing a little bit of mixed media in the background. I used the stencil from the kit and silver paste from Lawn Fawn in three areas, following the sketch design. Then, I added paint splatters using Shimmerz Paints in Pining For You and Thunderstorm. When everything was dry, I cut the white cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2", matted it with the plaid paper, and machine stitched a border around it.


Here is the December sketch, designed by Laura Creates.


Once the background was ready, I started working with the patterned papers and embellishments. I made a 7" diameter circle using the blue polka dots papers. Then, I cut a piece of the blue floral paper to 3 1/2" x 6" and a piece of the pink plaid paper to 5" x 3/4" and cut one of the edges diagonally. Before adding the papers to the layout, I distressed their edges to add texture to the page and machine stitched borders around all of them. After that, I added the photos and a subtitle using the chipboard words.


In this photo you can have a better look at the papers and tag with the hidden journaling. 


I made the tag from a card in one of the patterned papers. I added ribbon and twine to it to make it look prettier and to add more textures to the layout.


For the title, I used the glitter stickers alpha and one of the die cuts. The "Joy" part was added with foam tape for dimension.


Then, I added the poinsettia flowers that I made using a Sizzix Tim Holtz old die. In the center, I added three yellow rhinestones and cut leaves in green cardstock using another Sizzix die. Then, I felt something was missing in the layout and decided to cut leaves from one of the papers to add them in the clusters areas, it was the perfect touch!


This is the top corner poinsettia. I love those flowers and this die is a treasure in my stash, always perfect for Christmas.


I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do and that it inspires you to craft!

You can see the process video for this layout here:


Thanks for your visit!

No comments