Merry Christmas Layout

Hi!

Hope you are having an excellent day! I'm enjoying Christmas season and documenting some Christmas memories with what I have left from the December Main Kit of My Creative Scrapbook. After making the mini album and a layout, I still had a few pieces of papers and embellishments that I used to create this beautiful page. I didn't record the process of creating it, but I'll tell you everything during this post, in case you want to make it or draw some inspiration from it!

Let's start with the cut file that is part of benefits of subscribing to the monthly kits at My Creative Scrapbook. I cut it in white cardstock, backed the "Christmas" word using red dot cardstock from Bazzill, the tree trunks were backed with kraft cardstock from Bazzill, and the trees were backed with patterned papers from Pinkfresh Studio featured in the kit. The word "Merry" was painted in gold using Shimmerz Christmas Cheer paint. Once the paint was dried, I added gold dots to the left tree using Nuvo Drops in Honey Gold and rhinestones I had in my stash, I'm not sure if they are from Close To My Heart. 




The second thing I did was prepare the circle area. For that, I used a circle frame I had from my previous layout. When making the "Fun & Joy" layout I cut the circle a little larger than I wanted, so I reduced it and had this frame that I used featuring the B side instead of the blue polka dots. To embellish the frame, I punched four strips of 12" long white cardstock, using a doily punch by Martha Stewart. Now, We R Memory Keepers is selling the punch. I made folds in the borders and added them around the circle frame, then, I machine stitched around the frame a few times using white thread to secure them.


Once the frame was ready, I used it to trace lightly with a pencil the interior circle in the layout. I did that to know where to add paint because I didn't want it to go outside the circle. I used the stencil from the kit with Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina, then added a few gold splatters using the same Shimmerz Paint, Christmas Cheer. When it was dry, I added the circle frame using strong, double sided tape.

In the bottom area of the layout, I added a piece of paper that measure 12" x 2 1/4" and on top of it, I added a strip of teal paper that I cut from the manufactures sheet in the kit (the one that has all the squares to show the papers included). After that, I added the title using foam tape to give it dimension. The photos are 4" x 4" and 3" x 3". I matted them using white cardstock, patterned papers (including cards from one of the papers), and a piece of gold vellum I had. 

To embellish the layout a little more, I added a tag behind the middle photo and used twine on it. In the top right corner, I added three die cuts (title, bird, and leaves), using foam tape in some of them. Then, I added a few gold dots around the cluster. Lastly, I added the journaling and stitched a gold border around the layout two times.

Thanks for staying with me! I hope you like and enjoy this layout, and it inspires you to craft. I had fun making it and love how it turned out. If you want to see more of my work, please come back soon for more inspiration and follow me on social media!




No comments