Everyday Moment Layout with Process Video

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! Today I'm sharing with you a layout I made using My Creative Scrapbook January 2022 Creative Kit. This kit features mostly Echo Park Day in the Life collection, but the kit includes a few additional sheets of papers from other companies like American Crafts, Crate Paper, Maggie Holmes, and Vicki Boutin. To create this layout, I used the January sketch designed by Laura Whitaker and an exclusive title cut file. If you haven't checked their kits, I recommend you do it because they are awesome! 

The first thing I did to create this layout was to look for a light coral cardstock that I can use as the background, and I found this one in my stash from an old Echo Park collection. After that, I cut four strips of white cardstock using a doily edge punch and added them to the coral cardstock. You can see how I did it in the process video at the end of this post. Once the doily borders were ready, I added the floral frame, which is 1/2" thick, to the layout using foam adhesive. This way, I added dimension an interest to the layout.

From the sketch, I used the photo arrangement and some of the embellishments placements, like the tag with the journaling behind the photo. For the photos, I used tape, except on the yellow matted one that was added with foam tape to the layout to make it the focal photo. The title is one of the exclusive cut files you can find in My Creative Scrapbook. Every month they add more files, and this was one of the January additions to the library. I cut it in white cardstock and backed the "moments" word using patterned paper in yellow and blue, both from the Echo Park collection. I added the title to the layout using foam adhesive.

To embellish the layout, I fussy cut flowers and butterflies from the papers. I love to fussy cut, so when I saw those papers in the kit, I knew I would fussy cut the full sheet of flowers and most of the butterflies paper. I added many of them using foam tape to add dimension to the layout. Then, I used Nuvo Drops in Dandelion Yellow and Ebony Black for the flowers' centers, and used Bubblegum Blush, Aquatic Mist, and Simply White to add a few dots around the clusters; finally I used Silver Crystal to add glitter around the butterflies.

The process video for this layout is available here:


This layout was quick and simple, but I love how it turned out because it featured many of the patterned papers in the kit and it looks very feminine and delicate. You can see the process video here, and if you have a question or comment, please let me know and I'll be happy to talk with you! Hope you like this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft!

No comments