Better Together Layout

 Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful weekend! Today I'm sharing a new layout I made using an old collection from PhotoPlay Paper that I had in my stash for some time, but haven't been able to create with it. This collection is so pretty, the colors are very happy and feminine, and it works perfectly with this photo of us Geocaching. It was a fun day to remember and the colors and designs of this collection are perfect to reflect that.

The papers, die cuts, and stickers I used in this layout are mostly from Wicker Lane by PhotoPlay Paper, but I also used acrylic shapes from Buenos Días by Obed Marshall and stamps from Elle's Studio. Let's see some closer photos and talk about them, to guide you through the process of creating this layout.

For the base, I used white cardstock matted with two patterned papers, the fuchsia and the navy. To save the papers, I cut a frame out of them before adding them behind the white cardstock, this way I can use them later in other projects. Then, I added two strips of patterned paper to the layout, one mint and the floral. If you know me, you know I love to add texture to my layouts, which is why I added a velvet scalloped ribbon behind the mint paper. To enhance the photo, I matted it using a piece of the same navy paper. 


After all the papers where added, I stitched a border around the white cardstock using the sewing machine and navy thread. 


For the title I used a 3" x 4" card from one of the papers and cut the top as a tag. Then, I added a sticker with the phrase "Better Together" and used a black pen to trace a border around it. I made this to enhance the sticker and add more interest to the phrase.



To embellish the tag, I used the floral sticker on top, an acrylic heart, a piece of yellow ribbon, and crochet thread to make the white bow.


In the photo area, I used stickers to create a small cluster. Some of them were added with foam tape so they don't look all flat. Also, I added an acrylic banner.


On the top area, I stamped a tab and phrase using Elle's Studio stamps and Memento inks. You can also see an acrylic arrow I added in the top right corner of the photo.


I finished the layout by adding the journaling that I printed in white cardstock and cut in thin strips. Then, I added navy paint splatters using Shimmerz Lapis Dance.


This is a simple layout, but I love how it looks. I hope you like it too and it inspires you to craft! Thanks for your visit and come back soon for more inspiration.



No comments