I Tried Layout Featured in SCT Magazine

  Hi! 

Happy New Year! Hope you are having a wonderful day! Today I'm sharing a beautiful and happy layout I made for my toddler daughter and it was featured in the Winter issue of Scrapbook and Cards Today Magazine on page 70. This girl is very active and spontaneous, usually making it hard for me take photos since she is always joking and making faces, while the big one is always posing and ready. This day we were making cookies for Santa and I took the camera to photograph them, and this was the result. Stay with me during this post, to learn of the details of it!  

For this layout, I was inspired by this cut file from Cut To You. When I saw it, I remembered those photos and they were the perfect pair! Since I had so many photos of her doing funny faces, I selected five edited them to be black and white and cut them to 2" x 2 3/4". This way, I will be able to fit them all in one layout without covering the cut file.


I backed the cut file using papers from Cocoa Vanilla Studio Merry & Bright 6" x 8" paper pad. Then, I used Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er paint to color the boxes of the cut file and the check mark to help them stand out of the white cardstock. After that, I added foam tape behind the cut file. 
 

Before adding the cut file, I cut a piece of the green/mint paper with trees and the white paper with poinsettias tall enough to mat the photos on them. I distressed their edges and used my nails to fold the border a little. This is a simple technique that adds texture and dimension to the layout and I love how it looks. When the photos were arranged in the papers, I added them to the white cardstock and reduced the cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2". I distressed the edges of the white cardstock and machine stitched a border around it using white thread. The photo in the middle was matted using a piece of the same stripes paper I used as background.


Now that the photos and title are ready, I started adding the embellishments. For that, I fussy cut flowers, leaves, the tree, and the banner. I added them to the layout using liquid adhesive and foam tape behind some of them for dimension. 


I made three clusters around the page to balance the layout and help the viewer focus on the photos and title. For the journaling, I printed it in white cardstock and cut it in thin stripes that I added on the right corner.


In this layout, I decided to leave the white cardstock without mixed media, for a cleaner look, but added gold splatters using Shimmerz Miner, Miner 49er paint.


Thanks for your visit! I hope you like this layout as much as I do and it inspires you to craft. Come back soon for more inspiration.


No comments