Noel Layout

 Hi!

Here in Puerto Rico we love Christmas and start the celebration in November a few days before Thanksgiving and end it in January after Three Kings Day (other people end it in February). So, I can still share Christmas projects. The truth is this is just a little bit of history from us, because I love Christmas and since I don't scrapbook in any particular order, I can do Christmas projects all year. So , here is a Christmas layout I made using Miss Kate Designs Dear Santa collection.

This collection is beautiful, the colors are bright and happy, and those Santa are gorgeous. For this layout, I used a red cardstock as a base, and added a few pieces of patterned papers, including the blue one which has a tear on the bottom.


Since the collection has many cute animals in the papers, die cuts, and stickers, I added two strips of cardstock in green and white to give them a place to stand. Some of the embellishments were added with foam tape for dimension and they were placed in different areas. Some on top of the white strip, others on top of the green strip, and others in between the strips. This gives the illusion that some are far and others near. Just playing with the eye!


On the top area, I added the title using a die cut piece and added a few additional elements from the collection to enhance the area and to create a cluster there for more interest.
 


To help the photos stand out in the layout, I matted them using red patterned paper that coordinates perfectly with my daughter's PJ and pops on top of the black and white paper.


A border was made around the blue paper using a black pen. I did this to help the paper stand out, and, at the same time, it looks prettier and gives the layout a finishing touch. Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon, I'm working on a new layout with mixed media and a process video, and I'll be sharing it soon!



No comments