Back To School Layout

Hi!

A few weeks ago, my daughter started school, and this week I was finally able to take some time and create a layout for her. In this page, I'm documenting her first day using the formal uniform. The previous year, she only used the physical education uniform because of the constant changes due to the pandemic. She was very excited to use the formal uniform, especially the shoes, which she says are like "tap dance" shoes. I took a few photos of her before leaving for school and printed three of them for this layout. It is a simple layout that you can recreate for any theme, so let's talk about how I made this page.

The first thing I did was cut the "Back To School" title from JustNick Studio. For that, I used white, textured cardstock, and backed it using papers from the Back to School collection by Echo Park Papers. 

I printed the photos at 2 3/4" x 3 3/4", then matted them with white cardstock and a striped paper from the same Echo Park collection.


After that, I selected a wood grain paper as the background, cut it to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and matted it with a red cardstock. Then, I added the other pieces of patterned papers to the layout. Once the papers were ready, I stitched around the border using white thread. 


To give the layout some dimension, I used foam tape behind the cut file title and some of the embellishments. In the previous and following photos, you can see the clusters I made using stickers and die cuts from the collection. For the journaling, I printed it on a piece of the notebook style paper.

Another thing I did for interest and texture was to use a paper punch to add a border on the top and bottom sides of the notebook paper. With this I finished this beautiful school layout.


Thank you so much for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft!



No comments