Enjoy Life Layout with Process Video

Hello!

I love when paper collections have bar code strips fully printed because they can be used in layouts, mini albums, or other paper crafts. The Jen Hadfield's papers in My Creative Scrapbook September Main Kit are printed in beautiful designs and I decided to create a layout using them. The result is a beautiful and easy layout that makes your photo shine and be the focus of your page. Let's talk about how I made this layout and watch me creating this page in the process video at the end.


For a layout like this, with lots of colors and patterns, a white background is perfect. In this page, I started by removing the barcode strips from all the patterned papers, then arranged them on the white cardstock. I tried to alternate between a busy pattern and a subtle pattern, and avoid having two strips of the same color together. Once I was happy with the arrangement, I glued them to the cardstock and stitched a white border around the page.

To enhance the photo, I matted it using a blue paper. For the title, I used the Thickers included in the kit.



Since this layout looks busy with all the patters and colors, I decided to keep the embellishments to a minimum. For the journaling, I added a tag from one of the papers and a piece of hemp cord to make a bow. Then, added a few die die cuts in a little cluster on the left of the photo and on the top of the layout. 


On the die cuts, I used foam tape to give them dimension. For a finishing touch, I fussy cut one medium and two small butterflies from the papers, then added them to the clusters and in the middle of the title.


At the end, I added a gold pearl from my stash in the center of the butterflies. In case you want to get the pearls, they are from Pinkfresh Studio.


This is all for this layout. It is simple but pretty! Hope you like it and it inspires you to craft.


Watch me creating this layout here:


Thanks for stopping by, I really appreciate your visit, have a wonderful day!



No comments