Wanderlust Layout

Hello!

Hope you are having a beautiful day! I'm very happy to share with you a layout I made with My Creative Scrapbook September Main Kit featuring Jen Hadfield. This kit was a little challenging for me  because I don't usually use brown in my projects. This was my first creation and after finishing it, I was in love with the result. The combination of colors works so well and the brown was a neutral color that helps everything be balance. Sometimes it is nice to work out of your comfort zone and try new things, you could be surprised with the result! Now, let's talk about how I made this page.

I started this layout by choosing the patterned papers I wanted. On the left side I chose the navy floral, brown zig zags and pink stripes. Using a scissor, I cut a wave edge on the floral paper, then used it to cut the same wave on the brown and on the pink. For the right side, to give the photos a resting place, I used the navy gingham paper and a strip of the brown. 


After adding the papers to the white cardstock, I used the sewing machine to stitch a border around the layout. Then, I added the photos and created two clusters of embellishments.


To mat the photos, I used cut two cards from one of the papers because they have a subtle pattern that can be seen in the paper without overwhelming the layout. 


On the lower corner, I added a piece of blue paper with the edge cut diagonally. I did this so the embellishments can have a resting place and aren't floating in the layout.


Below you can see the cluster I made with the die cuts and the fussy cut butterflies. On top of the butterflies I added gold metallic pearls from Pinkfresh that I have in my stash. To add dimension and interest to the layout, I used foam tape in some of the embellishments. That's all for this page, I hope you like and enjoy it as much as I do!


Thanks for your visit and be back soon for more inspiration!


No comments