Regata Layout with Process Video

Hi!

It's time to share a new layout using My Creative Scrapbook September Main Kit. This time I added a little bit of mixed media and lots of texture to create this beautiful page for my daughters. If you want to learn how I made this page, stay with me during this post and check the process video at the end.

I started this page by cutting the patterned papers in the center of the layout to create the background. The word paper was cut to 4 1/2" x 12". For the yellow paper and the pink stripes paper I cut two pieces of 1" x 12".  Then, I tore one edge of the papers and glued them together. After that, I added pink paint to the layout and used the stencil and gold paste to add more texture and a nice detail that will help the layout pop. Also, I added paint splatters using the pink paint and black acrylic paint.



After adding the photo, I made a floral cluster on the corner and added a few fussy cut butterflies. Some of the die cuts were added with foam tape and the tag was cut from one of the papers.


In the next photo you can appreciate the layers in the cluster and the stencil details.


I added a piece of hemp thread to the tag to embellish it and to add more texture to the page. On top of the butterflies, I added a gold pearl from Pinkfresh that I had in my stash.


Now, let's take a closer look at the background. The gold paste is from Lawn Fawn and I love how quickly it dries, but don't forget to clean the stencil quickly because after it dries is very hard to remove.


I matted the photo using three different papers from the kit, a cream/beige, a brown, and a navy. I distressed their edges and glued them slightly tilted to add interest to the photo.


If you want to see me creating this beautiful layout, check the process video here:


Thanks for your visit and for staying with me during this post. I hope you like and enjoy this layout and it inspires you to craft!



No comments