First Turkey Race Layout

Hello!

Happy Saturday! Last 4th of July, while everyone at home was sleeping, I woke up very early and decided to make a layout using a sketch designed by Allison Davis for Scrapbook and Cards Magazine. This was the sketch for the Fall issue call. I wasn't able to use it before, so I decided to play with it now and this is the result. It's a beautiful sketch that gives the opportunity of using various patterned papers in one layout. I adapted it to my style and love how it turned out! Now, let's take a look at some close-up photos.

This is the sketch that inspired this layout, isn't it pretty? The papers and embellishments used in this layout are all from Miss Kate Designs Give Thanks collection. I used the 12" x 12" paper and stickers kit and the coordinating die cuts. 



From the sketch, I used the papers and embellishment placements, but they are a bit different. My clusters are bigger, and I matted the layout in a floral frame. 


Since I love adding flowers to my projects, I made two big clusters of them in the corners of the photo. To create layers, I strategically placed foam tape behind some of them. 


This cluster was supposed to be smaller, but I got distracted and continued adding flowers and leaves.


Take a look at the beautiful colors and designs in this collection, it screams fall!


For the title, I mixed stickers from Elle's Studio and Thickers from American Crafts. Those Thickers are from a Christmas collection, but they matched perfectly with the colors in this collection.


Following the sketch, I stitched a border around the central paper, but added a border around the layout. Also from the sketch design, I notched the three strips of papers to make them look like banners. This gives them more interest!


This was a quick layout, thanks to the beautiful sketch design. Sometimes, when I just want to scrapbook without thinking too much, I use a sketch, just to have fun! It was a great time, playing with this collection and documenting my daughter's first turkey race at school.

Thanks for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft!



No comments