Last Back to School Layout

Hello! My daughter was a senior last year, and this layout is about her last back to school day. It was a day of so many emotions for her and for us, but we are enjoying every moment. In this layout, I used products from Simple Stories School Life collection. It is an old collection I had in my stash, and it works perfectly with the red senior's shirt. 

After choosing the photos, I matted them with two papers, one that looks like cork and other with alphas. Then, I chose the papers for the background. I used a polka dot paper. On the sides, I added two strips of papers, one orange and one teal. Both strips were cut from the same ruler paper. On top of the polka dot paper, I added a piece of stripes paper and two strips of a red notebook cover paper. 

Behind the photos, I added two tags cut from a paper. I added crochet thread to them for more texture and to fill the holes. Then, I embellished the area with a phrase sticker, a chipboard clip, a few stars, and enamel dots. 



For the title, I added a piece of notebook paper to give it a resting place and help it stand out from the background. On the left side, I made a cluster using chipboards, die cuts, and enamel dots. 


The "back to school" part is a foam sticker from the collection and the "last" stickers are from The Little Things sticker book.


On the sides of the photos, I added two pieces of yellow paper to help them be the focus of the layout.


In the end, I reduced the white cardstock, then matted it on a red cardstock and finally on a black cardstock. After that, I stitched a red border around the layout. 

Thank you for your visit! I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft!



No comments