Love This Life Layout

 Hello crafty friend! I was given the assignment of creating a layout using "The Simple Things" collection by Simple Stories. This collection is gorgeous, the color palette works with so many themes and is perfect to document everyday moments. When scrapbooking, I usually plan my design in my head, then turn the camera on and start the process. During the process, things change but the main idea is there. Do you want to know how I made this layout? Let's talk about it with some photos and if you want to see how I made it, don't miss the process video at the end!

I started this layout by checking the papers in the collection to find a photo that matched it. I chose this photo of my daughter. Initially, it was rectangular, but then I found this beautiful circle chipboard frame and I wanted to use it, so I printed the photo again, this time as a square to fit it behind the frame and cut the excess. 

Now that I have the photo ready, I wanted to add patterned papers to the layout. For that, I chose the peach/pink gingham paper and the red polka dots. I tore them with a curve to create movement in the layout. I started with the gingham paper and then using it as my guide, I marked the polka dots paper to know where to tear and did it.


Then, I wanted to add more patterned papers to the layout, so I cut a strip of the lavender paper and used the fringe scissor to cut it and give texture to the page. Also, I cut a strip of the yellow floral paper to cover the solid part of the lavender strip. After trying to position them on the top, I decided to place them in the bottom of the layout because I liked how they looked there.

To embellish the frame and create a diagonal movement in the layout, I added flowers from the floral pack. I placed some of them on top of the frame and others under the frame. I used foam tape behind some areas of the flowers to create dimension in the layout. I love how they look!

For the title, I used foam stickers from The Simple Things and added the cutest bunny on the right. The bunny is a sticker added to the layout with foam tape. I placed it a little behind the lavender paper, to give it a resting place instead of being floating on the page. 

On the bottom right corner, I created a little cluster to continue with the diagonal movement on the layout. There, I added a label, a phrase, and flowers. Most are stickers from the sticker book, the little yellow flower on the right is from the 12" x 12" sticker sheet, and the yellow rose is a chipboard. In the end, I finished the layout by adding a few enamel dots and decorative brads.

If you want to see how I made this layout, you can watch the process video here:


Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout and it inspires you to craft!

No comments