Forever Thankful Layout

Hello crafty friend! Today, I'm very happy to share with you a layout I designed for Simple Stories using their new Acorn Lane collection. This is a gorgeous fall collection with hints of pink, which makes it perfect for me since I have girls and love having pink in my projects! I live in Puerto Rico, a Caribbean island where it's basically summer all year. We don't experience those beautiful fall colors, but that didn't stop me from using this amazing collection to document moments from that season.

If you've been following my work, you must know how much I love patterned papers and adding textures to my projects, and this layout reflects that perfectly! I started this page by selecting a Color Vibe Wood paper as the background. This white grid is the perfect base to hold the designs and colors from the patterned papers in a subtle way that will make them pop.

For this layout I'm using two chipboard photo frames. One is the small navy frame on the left side with the photo on the back, and the other is the big yellow frame with the photo on top. To have a small, white space in between the frames, I reduced the big frame a bit using a precision knife. Before adding the photo on top of the frame, I matted it using a piece of Cinnamon paper from the 6" x 8" Fall Color Vibe Pad.

Now it's time to play with the patterned papers. I mixed different designs and colors to create contrast and layers of papers in the background. By doing this, I add more interest to the main photo and the page. Most of the papers are from the 12" x 12" collection kit, except for the blue floral which is from the 6" x 8" Acorn Lane Pad. I love how pretty those colors and patterns look together!


After arranging the patterned papers and adding a line of yellow leaves washi tape on the left side of the layout, I was ready to add the photos and embellish. For the title, I use a die cut from the Page Pieces pack. I fussy cut the letters to separate them and reduce the white border around them. Then, I added foam tape behind each and placed them on top of the main photo. To hold the word "forever" I added a label die cut from the Bits and Pieces.

To balance the layout, I repeated some patterned papers on both photo areas. This is an easy way to help your layout stand out! With all the patterned papers this layout is a busy one, but a few embellishments can be added to make it prettier. On the corners of the main photo, I added a few floral die cuts, some with foam tape to create dimension. Then, to cover my arm from the selfie, I used a layer chipboard banner. This product is fantastic, it looks amazing without any effort!

Then, I finished the left side of the layout by adding a few labels and a bird in a branch. This collection is so beautiful and has so many embellishments that it is hard to stop adding things, but this layout is already busy, so I added a few decorative brads in the center of the flowers and a few enamel dots in the cluster areas, and that's all! 

With that I finished this layout. It was so much fun to create this page and I love how it turned out. 

Thanks for your visit. I hope you like this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!

No comments