Paradise Beach Layout

Hello crafty friends! It's Rebeca Ruiz with you today. I'm happy to be back at My Creative Scrapbook as guest designer. Today, I'm sharing with you my first layout using September's Main Kit. 



I started this layout by fussy cutting the pieces of paper with the arrow points and distressing them. Then, I selected the paper with the blue crosses as the background and arranged the arrow point pieces on the top.


To give the layout a more elegant finish, I reduced the patterned paper to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and matted it over a black cardstock. Then, I stitched a black border around it. If you don't want to stitch, you can draw a black line around it.


I used two 3" x 2" photos for this layout. I matted them with two different patterned papers, one white with black lines and the other white with blue designs. Before adding them to the layout, I distressed the edges of the papers to give them texture and help distinguish them, since both are white.

For the title, I used a die cut with the word "Paradise" and a foam sticker with the word "Beach". Then, on the left side, I added the umbrella with the crab die cut and a phrase label.


On the right side of the title and photo, I embellished the layout by using flowers fussy cut from a patterned paper.


On top of the photo I added a few more flowers to balance the layout. While adding the flowers, I used foam tape behind some of them to create dimension in the page. Also, on the photo, I added two phrase labels.

The last touch to this layout was adding black paint splatters using acrylic paint diluted with water.


This is all for this layout. It's a layout easy to recreate, and the best thing is that you can use it for other themes by just changing the title.


Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!

No comments