So Cool Layout

Hello! It's Rebeca Ruiz here today with another layout using the beautiful September Main Kit by My Creative Scrapbook. In this layout, I mixed various patterned papers, used the stencil and paints, tore papers, and used embellishments to create a fun layout to showcase my photos. It may sound complicated, but don't worry. It is very easy and I'm going to explain how I made it so you can do it!


For the background I chose the Sunset patterned paper. This paper already has different colors of paint around it. This is an easy way to have a mixed media look in your projects, without having to deal with the paint. Then, I chose the three patterned papers on the left of the page. I tore their left edge and distressed them. By doing this I added texture and helped differentiate the patterns in the papers. 

On top of them, I added a piece of the words paper with the edges cut in "V" shape to create the banner look. I used two square photos, one 3 1/2" and the other of 1 3/4". I matted both of them with white cardstock and a pink patterned paper.



Before adding the photos, I added the wave texture using the stencil and light modeling paste. I left it to dry, then added a little bit of color using a brush and Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina.


For the title, I used the "So Cool" foam sticker and embellished around it using die cuts. 


On top of the small photo, I added a rainbow and a sun die cuts using foam tape for dimension.


On the left corner, I added three phrase labels to balance the layout. Then, used black acrylic paint diluted in water to make some splatters in the clusters area. As you can see, the layout is simple to recreate, where you can use the stencil to add some texture and a little bit of paint to add color to the waves. Give it a try, you are going to have fun!

Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments