So Fun! Layout

Hello! It's Rebeca Ruiz with you today to share this layout I made using the beautiful September Main Kit by My Creative Scrapbook. This layout was inspired by the sketch of the month designed by Rebecca Moore. It's a great sketch with space for various photos while having white space to balance the page. My interpretation of the sketch is a little different to be able to arrange the embellishments and title, but you can see the main concept of the sketch in it, and how it inspires this page.


After studying the sketch, I printed my photos, choose the title, and the heart patterned paper. Then, I start playing with the products to create my version of the design.

I maintained the same number and arrangement of photos, which I matted in patterned papers. Then, I cut a pink strip from one of the papers and tore a strip of the text paper to add them on top of the hearts paper.  This is a change I made to the sketch because I love adding papers to my projects. 

Another change I made is the position of the title. In my layout, you can find the title under the photos. I made this change because the foam sticker doesn't fit on the side of the photos and I wanted to use this phrase, so I made it work. Below the title, I added a phrase label using foam tape. 


I maintained the embellishments in the suggested position but instead of using stars, I used flowers that I fussy cut from one of the patterned papers. I arranged them to create the clusters on the top and bottom corners of the photos. Before adding the flowers, I used Distress Oxide Salvaged Patina diluted in water to add some color to the layout. For that, I used a piece of transparency to spread the paint in the areas I wanted.


To enhance the clusters area, I added black paint splatters using acrylic paint diluted in water and a brush.


On the bottom of the page, I made another cluster, but I substituted the tag with die cuts. Finally, instead of adding a small strip of paper, I added a whole 12" strip on the bottom and on the top. On the bottom strip, I tucked a small piece of the text paper.


With that, I finished this layout full of colors and beautiful details. 


Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments