Vacation Layout

Hello! It's Rebeca Ruiz here with you today sharing another layout made with My Creative Scrapbook September Main Kit. To create this layout, I was inspired by the rainbow paper. I wanted to use it as the background for my page. Since it is full of color, I decided to use a white cardstock in the center to showcase other papers, embellishments and the photo. 


I started by cutting the white cardstock to 10" x 10". Then, I added a black cardstock behind the white cardstock to create more impact in the layout. The black cardstock is 10 1/4" x 10 1/4". Since most of the rainbow paper will be covered by the cardstocks, I cut a 2" frame out of it and save the center part for another project.


To enhance the photo, I matted it white the hearts papers and used the dark pink lines on the plaid paper to create a second mat.  Then, I added rectangles of patterned papers around the center of the page and a horizontal strip of paper to give the photo a resting place.  Once the papers were ready, I added the "hey summer" banner using foam tape and embellished the layout.


For the title, I used the "Vacation" foam word on the top corner.


On the left side of the title I added a few die cuts to give this layout a more pool/summer feeling, and to enhance it.


When adding the embellishments to the layout, I like to play with foam tape to create layers and give dimension to the page. 


Thanks for your visit, I hope you like and enjoy this layout, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments