What's Ccookin'? Layout


Hello crafty friend! It's Rebeca Ruiz with you today and I'm very happy to share with you a layout I made with the gorgeous What's Cookin'? collection. My daughters and I enjoy cooking and trying new recipes, so this collection is perfect for some of those photos of us in the kitchen like the ones I used in this layout. The best part of this collection is that you can use it for more than cooking or recipes projects. You can also use it to document your craft journey or even everyday projects. Take a look at the designs and colors; they can't be any prettier from dots, lines, flowers, plaids, and more!

 

In this layout I wanted to use three photos, but I also wanted to have various patterned papers on the top with a diagonal movement. To accomplish both things, I decided to print my photos in a small size and used the tags as their mats. 

 

For texture and dimension, I distressed the edges of the patterned papers and used my nails to fold it a little more. Once the papers were ready, I started adding them to the layout. On the top area I used three different patterned papers, one red with polka dots, the other is a teal plaid pattern, and the third one is a pink floral.

 

On the bottom part of the layout, I added a strip of the striped patterned paper. I used this one because it has the collections entire color palette. By adding this paper, I'm able to use any of the colors in the layout without fear of unbalancing it. 

 

In the center area I added two strips of paper. One is pink and the other is yellow. I do this to give the tags and photos a resting place, instead of having them floating in the layout. I used white crochet thread on the tags to make them look finished and prettier! I covered the holes with decorative brads in matching colors.  

For the title, I used a die cut from the Page Pieces pack and tucked some embellishments in the corners to create little clusters. You can see die cuts, stickers, chipboards, rub-ons, and enamel dots. This layout doesn't follow the rule of thirds. Here you can see I only embellished the title area to leave some white space in the layout. 

If you want to see how I made this layout, take a look at the process video here:


Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration.



No comments