Holiday Happiness Layout

 Hello!

Every year we decorate some cookies for Santa. Sometimes we bake the cookies and other times we buy a kit of cookies and glaze; the important thing is my girls have fun decorating and I can take photos of them! Last year, after returning from Disney we got Covid, it was harder on my little one, so we ordered a kit of cookies, and she was able to decorate them and eat the glaze. She was so happy, despite how bad she was feeling. I took a few photos and now I'm documenting those memories with the beautiful November Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook.


I chose two of the photos of my daughter decorating the cookies and since I wanted them to be the focus of the layout, I placed them in the middle of the page, slightly tilted to make them more interesting and fun. Before adding the photos, I added a little teal paint using the stencil from the kit to create the snowflakes, and a few gold splatters for more interest.


On the top, I added a piece of the blue paper with stars and fussy cut a strip of Christmas socks to create a border. I love how the hanging socks look there.


To give more color and interest to the photos, I matted them using a dark pink patterned paper from the kit and embellished them with the gingerbread kids and the flowers.


For the title, I used a label from the foam stickers. I fussy cut around the florals to remove the white border since the layout already had a lot of white in the background.


Look at the hanging socks, they are so pretty!


Do you like decorating cookies in Christmas or do you have any tradition that you document? I love having those family times and by looking at the photos I get transported to the moment. This is why I scrapbook!
Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration.


No comments