Merry Layout

Hi! Are you a Christmas lover like me? Oh, this is my favorite season and here in Puerto Rico we start Christmas immediately after Halloween and end it by the end of January. We are known for having the longest Christmas in the world. I love the colors of the season, the smells, the happiness in the people, families reunited again to celebrate, the delicious food, and having time to enjoy with family are some of the things I like the most about Christmas. The best way to document this is by scrapbooking some of those memories. Every year we take a family photo, in the past we used to only do a family photo with Santa but three years ago we started going to a studio during Christmas for a Holiday family session and we love it! Now we can have very nice professional photos, like this one that is not a traditional photo since my little daughter was not posing but instead, she was hugging her sister. Isn't it cute? Every time I see this photo I smile and thank God for my family. For me, this is what Christmas is about! Ok, that's enough about Christmas, let's talk about this layout.

To create this layout, I used the Simple Vintage 'Tis the Season collection by Simple Stories. This collection is stunning with the vintage feeling and the amazing colors. I'm a traditional Christmas color scrapbooker.



I started this layout by choosing this chipboard frame that works perfectly with the photo. Then, to continue with the Cardinal theme, I chose the paper with the bird on the side and since I was going to tear it, I secured the bird by cutting around it with a precision knife. Once the bird and lamp were secure, I tore the paper carefully in two areas to create a space where I can add the pistachio paper. I love those papers that have big designs in them and trying to find a way to use them differently instead of just adding a photo and a title on top. 



To cover the space, I used a piece of paper from the Vintage Basics named Pistachio, then on the top and bottom of it, I added the paper with the Cardinal and a small piece of a patterned paper with the pistachio tone. For texture, I tore the edges and distressed them. 


For the title, I used one of the words from the foam stickers.


To balance the layout, I added a few pieces from the ephemera die cut pack to the side, a poinsettia from the floral die cuts, and some rub-ons. Then, I added chipboard stars and brads.


By mixing products made of different materials, I can add lots of texture to my layouts, capturing the attention of the viewer.


Now, let's watch the process video for this layout here:


I love how this layout turned out! All the beautiful details and colors in this collection definitely help me document this special photo in an elegant way!


Thank you so much for visiting my blog. I hope you like this layout, and it inspires you to craft! Come back soon for more inspiration!


No comments