Jolly Merry Memories Layout

Hello! Are you a Christmas lover? I'm a Christmas fan for sure, especially if it is in traditional colors like this layout I'm sharing with you today, made using the gorgeous "The Holiday Life" collection by Simple Stories. This is one of those collections that look even prettier in person. I love it, but my favorite products from this collection are the florals and the glitter enamel dots. 


When I started this layout, I had the idea of making a layout without florals, but I don't know when I forgot it, and this was the result. Sometimes my brain plays tricks on me! At some point, I started placing the florals, and then I couldn't stop adding them.

After choosing the patterned paper, I tore their edges and placed them on the right side of the layout. Then, in the photo area, I started adding patterned papers to create layers. I enjoy adding papers to my projects and mixing the designs. Since they are in the photo area, they help the photos be the focus of this layout.

To add texture to the page, I distressed the edges of the papers. Then, I arranged them slightly tilted.

 

On the top area, I used the stencil with green inks to give the background a bit of color. Then, I started arranging the florals without covering the stencil design completely. Since most of the die cut pieces have a thick white border around them, I fussy cut around them to only leave a thin white border. I love the look of the cluster, with the subtle ink design and the mix of die cuts and rub-ons.

 

On the right corner, I added a layered cluster chipboard and a few stickers with black details. I distributed them around the layout to balance the page. 

 

For the title, I used two foam words with different colors and fonts. By mixing them, I created a more artistic look and added interest to it.

 

If you want to watch me creating this layout, check the process video here:


Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like and enjoy this layout as much as I do. Come back soon for more inspiration.

 

No comments