You Make My Heart Flutter Mini Album

Hi!

Hope you are having a wonderful day! I've been busy with the daily chores and getting ready for Christmas, but I managed to finish a mini album I started a few months ago and decided to make a quick tutorial on how to assemble the mini album. First, I want to let you know that the idea of this mini album is from Heidi Swapp. I saw her class in Scrapbook.com and decided to try it. What I like about this mini album is how quickly it can by assembled because it is made out of A2 cards.  At the end of this post you can see the video tutorial. 

The products I used in this mini album are from Pink Paislee Bloom Street collection by Paige Evans. I used 10 cards, 9 to create the pages and one that I cut in half, to cover the outside of the chipboards. In addition to that, I used a piece of coordinated patterned paper that measures 2 1/2" x 5 1/2". I scored at 1" and 1 1/2" and used it in the spine of the album.


To embellish the pages, I matted the photos using cardstock and patterned papers and added stickers, die cuts, and fuzzy cut flowers from the collection. The doily edge in some of the pages and the cover was made using a Martha Stewart paper punch. 


For more interest in the pages and to make them stronger, I decided to stitch around them using the sewing machine and white thread, leaving the top open, to create a pocket for the tags. In those tags, I will be adding the journaling.

 
In the video tutorial you can see how I made the tags using the 3" x 4" cards in the patterned papers. Another detail, is to use the cards in the best way. This collection has some pretty cards that I didn't want to cover, those are the cards that don't have photos on them. Also, in the previous photo, you can see I cut around the flowers using an X-Acto knife to use them as the embellishments. I did that before I made the mini album.







You can see the tutorial of how I made this mini album and the flip through video here:



If you have any question just leave a comment, I love reading them and I will answer as soon as possible. Thanks for your visit, I hope you like this mini album and it inspires you to craft! Be back soon, I'm working on some Christmas layouts!



No comments