& Then This Happened Layout

Hello crafty friend! It's a new year and time to share more inspiration. This time, I'm sharing a layout made with the beautiful January Main Kit from My Creative Scrapbook. A few months ago, my daughter had the opportunity to attend Space Camp and the colors in this kit match perfectly with the colors of the photo, so I decided to document them. 

For this first layout, I used four squared photos in the center of the layout to help them be the focus of the page. They are a sequence of her experience in the Multi Axis Trainer. I left a white border around the photos and matted them in a light blue/gray paper and then in another blue paper from the kit. I used both patterned papers to help the photos stand out.

Then, to create contrast in the page, I added a piece of the green with dots paper crossing the layout from left to right. After that, I added a piece of the orange paper behind the photos and notched the bottom edge to make it look like a banner. This gives it more interest. Below the green paper, I added two pieces of the black scalloped border sticker, one of the left and the other on the right of the photos. I do this to save a piece of border for another layout.



For the title, I created a cluster using the stickers and die cuts in the kit. I played with the position of the foam tapes to prevent having multiple layers of foam tape.


I reduced the white cardstock to 11 1/2" x 11 1/2" and matted it on a black cardstock. Then, secured both of them together by stitching a black border around the layout. This also gives the page a more artistic and nice finish.


To balance the layout, I created a little cluster in the opposite corner using the same elements, then added black and gold paint splatters.


This is the finished layout; I hope you like it, and it inspires you to craft!

Thank you so much for your visit. Come back soon for more inspiration!



No comments