Winter Wonder Layout

Hello crafty friend!Today I'm sharing a wintery and happy layout. For this page, I used the gorgeous Winter Wonder collection by Simple Stories. I live on a Caribbean Island where it is summer all year, and I haven't traveled in winter to any place with snow. It is in my bucket list, so hopefully one day I'm going to see snow and I'm going to take lots of photos, but in the meantime, I document this season with photos of the things we love to do in winter.

If you don't have photos in the snow, don't worry because this collection is so amazing that you can use it for other themes since many of the papers have designs not related to winter, and the floral pack is stunning! For this layout I'm using photos of my daughter drinking hot chocolate. This is something she really loves and enjoys, as you can see in the photos.

Before I start creating a layout, I take some time to check all the products carefully. While doing this with Winter Wonder, I fell in love with the chipboard frame of the chocolate cart. Isn't it cute? I immediately thought it would be perfect for a mini album, but I don't have enough photos for that, so I decided to create a shaker with it and use it for a layout. Since the cart is big, I only had a little bit of space for the photos, but it was hard for me to choose only one or two, I love all these photos and how they tell the story. This is why I printed all of them to 2" x 2 3/4", to be able to fit four photos in the layout.

To give the cart a resting place, I added a piece of paper to the bottom of the layout. On top of the paper, I added a strip of pink polka dot washi tape. Then, I matted the photos using the tags from the tag paper. Since the layout was already busy with so many elements, I tried to keep the embellishments in the photo area to a minimum. In the left corner, I added a few flowers from the Bits & Pieces, a layered chipboard flower, a foam leaf, a word die cut, and a phrase sticker.  In the corners of two photos, I added pieces of the pink stitching rub-on. Then, I added a label from the sticker book and stamped the date on it. 

For the title, I used three borders from the sticker book to anchor the chipboard title and the foam phrase. I notched the edges of the navy border to add interest and texture. Then, I added the title and a few die cuts around to embellish it. On the top of the cart, I added a banner die cut to make it more pretty!

Before glueing the photos, title and the cart, I used the stencil from the collection to add snowflakes around the white cardstock. For that, I used inks in pink, coral, mint, and blue trying to match the colors from the collection. I also added a few snowflakes and black details from the rub-ons. 

The last detail was adding a few enamel dots and decorative brads around the layout. I enjoy using enamel dots in my projects and these are a must since they have glitter. I could have 20 packs of them! 

If you want to see me creating this layout, take a look at the process video here:

 


Thank you so much for your visit. I hope you like this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! Don't forget to come back soon for more inspiration!



1 comment

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete