Most Wicket Layout

Hello! Today I'm sharing a bewitched layout, designed with the fabOOlous Simply Vintage Scary Stories collection by Simple Stories. Have you seen this new Halloween collection? It's beautiful and working with it was so much fun! The color palette and the cute vintage designs makes the process of creating an easy one. You can find traditional Halloween designs like witches, cats, skeletons, bats, spiders and more making it perfect to document your memories in layouts, albums, journals and even creating cards and home decorations. Let's take a look into the layout and if you like watching process videos, check the video for this layout at the end of the post.

Every year my friend and her family celebrate Halloween with costumes and a party at their home. They have so much fun, and the photos are so good that I asked her to share a few with me to create this layout. When I saw the photos and the collection, I was surprised on how perfect they are together. For this layout I wanted to use a big photo of my friend and her son together, and two smaller photos of them. To make the big photo the focus of the layout, I used a chipboard frame from the collection and mated the other two photos using the Dandelion Color Vibe cardstock to create contrast and to help them stand out in the page.


Once the photos were ready, I started choosing the patterned papers I wanted to use. For the base I selected a black paper with wood grain designs. Then, I used six other patterned paper, all from the Simple Vintage Scary Stories collection to create a fun background. I used different patterns and colors to create contrast and interest in the page. 


Since the frame have a title, I decided to use it as the layout's title and just added a few phrases near the photos to complement the design. Then, I started embellishing the layout. On the left side photo, I made a little cluster of embellishments using bats and a label from the chipboard stickers and die cuts. 


On the top right corner of the page, I made the biggest embellishments cluster. For that, I used the journaling die cut that has the big circle and the haunted house, and a few additional items like the witch from the 12" x 12" sticker sheet, the bats from the chipboard and foam stickers, and the "31" and the stars, both from the chipboard stickers.  
 

On the right side of the title I added a cute chipboard cat and two more bats. Then, I tore a little bit of paper from the bottom and top of the layout and backed it with a piece of paper that have spiders and web. To continue with the spider's design, I added a few of them in those areas and near the small photos. 


As a final touch, I added white paint splatters around the embellishment clusters using acrylic paint diluted in water. Also, I added staples in the torn edges and a few decorative brads and enamel dots. Now, let's watch the process video of this layout to see how I made it.


Creating this layout was so much fun! I enjoyed the process of selecting the embellishments and papers to document my friend's memories. I hope you like this layout as much as I do, and it inspires you to craft! 


Thank you so much for your visit and come back soon for more inspiration!





No comments