Hi! I’m here with a Fall layout to inspire you. For this page, I used the gorgeous Pumpkins & Plaid collection by Simple Stories. Have you seen it? The color palette is stunning, featuring all the beautiful tones of the season, and the designs are so versatile that you can use them for all kinds of projects and photos. The collection features trees, pumpkins, cute animals, home décor, clothing, food, flowers, and so much more. There are so many adorable details to discover!
Now, let’s take a closer look at the layout, and I’ll walk you through how I created it. And don’t forget to visit my Instagram account (@SimplyRebecaRuiz) to watch the process reel!
For the background, I used one of the patterned papers from the Pumpkins & Plaid collection. It features a soft peach shade with delicate white details. On top of the background, I added the terracotta paper, the blue and green plaid paper strips along the sides, and the tags. I matted the photos with pink paper and placed them on top of the terracotta paper. I chose the pink paper to add contrast and help the photos stand out against the background.
On the sides of the photos, I added tabs from the Basics sticker sheet. The yellow tab features the “Happy Days” phrase, which is also from the Basics stickers.
For the title, I created a cluster using the large pumpkin from the Journaling Die Cuts as the anchor. On top of it, I added the “Fall” and “A Season Full of Color” phrases from the Foam Stickers. To embellish the cluster, I used a floral die cut, along with the bird perched on top of the mushroom and a few hearts from the Icons Stickers.
To balance the layout, I created another cluster in the upper corner of the photos. The large floral piece is from the Chipboard Pieces, while the leaves are die cuts from the Bits & Pieces and Floral Die Cuts.
In the lower corner of the photos, I added a chipboard chipmunk, a nut, a heart sticker, and more die-cut leaves. This third cluster creates a visual triangle that guides the viewer’s eye around the page while giving the layout a balanced and cohesive look.
To finish the layout, I added a few decorative brads and glitter enamel dots around the clusters. They’re always a fun finishing touch and a great way to add a little extra sparkle to any project!
When creating my layouts, I love adding texture and dimension. To achieve this, I like to mix different types of products, since they are made from a variety of materials, such as cardstock, chipboard, foam, and metal. For added dimension, I often place foam tape behind some of the embellishments, creating different layers throughout the page.
Thank you so much for visiting the blog! I hope you enjoyed this layout and that it inspires you to document your own story. Have a lovely day, and please come back soon for more creative inspiration!
No comments