Hi! Since fall is here, let’s start sharing some projects
for the season! This time, I created a layout using the beautiful Frightful
Fun collection by Simple Stories, along with a little bit of mixed media.
If you enjoy watching process reels, visit my Instagram account, @SimplyRebecaRuiz,
to see how this page came to life.
I used white cardstock for the background to help all the
colors stand out, especially the darker ones. To give the page a Halloween
vibe, I decided to add a bit of color using Hickory Smoke Distress Oxide ink
and an old brick stencil by Simple Stories.
Once the ink was dry, I started adding the patterned papers.
First, I matted the photo with a black-and-white polka dot paper. Then, I added
the white paper with orange stripes, along with strips of two other patterned
papers on the left and upper sides to create layers. For added texture, I
distressed the edges of all the papers. Below the photo, I used a scalloped
border sticker to anchor the title and add a nice visual detail to the page.
On the right side, I used three different patterned papers
to create a border. I tore the left edge of the black paper with pumpkins to
add more texture and continue the grungy look. At the top, I placed two strips
of paper with notched edges to create a banner effect. I embellished this area
with a floral die cut, a foam ghost, a bat, and a star.
In the photo area, I used a circular die cut to cover the
gap between the paper strips, along with two tags to help balance the page. I
created the sage-colored tag using a 3" x 4" card from the patterned
papers and a reinforcer punch.
For the title, I used two foam sticker words—one in a black
cursive font and the other in a colorful serif font. Mixing different fonts and
styles makes the title more interesting and fun!
I also added ghost die cuts, bats, and stars around the
title to create a fun embellishment cluster.
As always, I finished my project by adding decorative brads
and enamel dots near the embellishment clusters for a cute finishing touch.
Thank you so much for visiting! I hope you enjoyed this
layout and that it inspires you to craft and document your memories. Have a
wonderful day, and please come back soon for more inspiration!
No comments