Boo Layout

Hi! I’m not really a Halloween person, but the Say Cheese Classic Mouse Halloween collection by Simple Stories is so pretty that I just had to use it! This time, I’m sharing a layout I created with this collection, but I’m also thinking about making a mini album with photos from our Disneyland trip. While planning this layout, I recorded the process for a YouTube video, so I can finally get back to my channel and start sharing content again. Let’s see how I manage to find the time to do it!

To create this “Boo” layout, I chose three photos in different sizes, making the largest one the focal point of the page. I wanted to center the photos and place the title at the bottom. But before working on the photos, I prepared the base of the layout. I used the black polka-dot paper as the background and layered Orange Color Vibe cardstock and white cardstock on top.



For the bottom section, I used a strip of patterned paper to anchor the title and the cluster featuring the Mouse and the tags. The paper I used for this section is exclusive to the 6" x 8" pad, so I joined two pieces together to make it long enough. I also added two border stickers to bring more color and patterns to the area.


Next to the title, I created a small embellishment cluster using the Mouse chipboard piece and two tags. Then, I added a few chipboard stars and a bat to complete the cluster.


To hold the photos in the center of the layout, I added the colored-squares paper and the blue paper with bats. These layers create contrast between the green polka-dot photo mats and the background, helping the photos stand out.


Once I had all the papers in place, I started embellishing the layout. I created two more clusters: one above the photos using the chipboard ghost, and another on the left side of the photos using the bats.


To balance the layout, I added small details such as decorative brads and glitter enamel dots. I chose embellishments in colors that coordinate with the rest of the page, helping maintain the same color palette throughout all the clusters.

I had so much fun playing with this collection! The colors are so happy and beautiful that I can’t wait to start working on the mini album. In the meantime, let’s take a look at the process video. Maybe you’ll learn something new or find some inspiration for your own projects!


Thank you very much for stopping by. I hope you like this layout as much as I do and that it inspires you to craft and document your memories. Please come back soon for more inspiration. Have a wonderful day!


No comments