Happy Halloween Layout

Hi! This time, I’m sharing a fun and colorful layout created with the amazing Say Cheese Classic Mouse Halloween collection by Simple Stories. In September 2024, we visited Disneyland in California for the first time. Since it was fall, the park was decorated with pumpkins and all things Halloween. Everything looked amazing, including all the characters dressed in their special Halloween costumes. So, you can imagine how perfect this collection is for documenting those photos and memories!

To showcase all the beautiful colors in the collection and let the photo be the center of attention, I decided to use white cardstock as the base. In the center of the page, I placed a 4" x 6" photo matted with plaid paper. On the left side, I added two strips of patterned paper to anchor the photo. This time, I used less patterned paper so I could incorporate some of the larger embellishments. This also allowed me to maintain some white space on the layout, helping the viewer’s eye move around the page without missing all the little details.

Along the top edge, I added a strip of green patterned paper and a border sticker. For the bottom edge, I used a colorful plaid paper, a strip of black cardstock to create contrast while separating the papers, and a scalloped border punched from green paper.


For the title, I used a label from the Page Pieces to create a cluster. I added the “Happy Halloween” sticker using foam tape, along with a pumpkin die cut and a purple pumpkin fussy-cut from the stickers.


When attaching the photo, I added adhesive only to three sides, creating a pocket for a tag where I wrote my journaling. To embellish the tag, I added a piece of black-and-white twine and secured it with two mini staples.

In the lower corner of the layout, I created another cluster using die cuts. To add more interest and dimension, I placed foam tape behind some of the pieces.


Once the larger pieces were in place, I added the smaller details to the clusters. I used foam bats, decorative brads, enamel dots, and chipboard and foam stars to finish everything off.


I’m in love with this collection and all the cute details it has! I can’t wait to create a mini album using it. If you enjoy watching process reels, visit Simple Stories Instagram account, @SimpleStories_, to see how I created this fun layout.


I’m in love with this collection and all the cute details it has! I can’t wait to create a mini album using it. If you enjoy watching process reels, visit Simple Stories Instagram account, @SimpleStories_, to see how I created this fun layout.


Thank you so much for visiting the blog! I hope you like this layout and that it inspires you to craft and document your own memories. Have a wonderful day, and please come back soon for more inspiration!



No comments