Disney Magic Layout

Hi!

My family and I are Disney fans so I love to buy scrapbook products I can use to document our visits to the parks like the Say Cheese collections from Simple Stories.  I love those collections, they are pretty and have lots of embellishments, so when they released Say Cheese 4, I bought it too because those kiddos in the collection are so cute, they are a must have for all Disney fans!  I have tons of photos that I haven't scrapbook from our trips to the magical place because for some reason I shop faster than I create, lol. 



For this layout I did a lot of work, I started it a few weeks ago and leave it in the paper pack waiting for some time to finish it, until last week when I finish it.  The first thing I made was creating the "Disney" word in Silhouette software and cutting it in white cardstck, then I did the chain stitching around the word using embroidery thread in red.  After that I created the shaker using some sequins I had in my stash and some glittery stars in white and gold from Target.  In the "D" letter I added a sticker from the 4" x 6" sticker book of the collection.  I used baby powder in the back of the sticker to kill the glue.


In this photo you can see I used one color of sequins for each letter.   "I" is blue, "S" is white, "N" is black, "E" is red and "Y" is gold since I didn't have yellow tone sequins that coordinates with this page. I cut the white cardstock to 11" x 11" and used a red cardstock and a yellow paper with stars from the collection to create a frame for the page, then machine stitched around the white cardstock using black thread.


Since I went out of thread when finishing the "Y", I used a Mickey ears brad I have for a long time, I think it is from Queen and Co.  Also, added the "magic" word in the title area and another sticker in the photo that says "mouse & Co.", they are both from the clear stickers of Say Cheese II collection.


Before I added the photo, I added some white gesso to the white cardstock and used Vicki Boutin art crayons in yellow and red and some cheap watercolor paints from Daler Rowley I bought in Walmart.  Also, a bit of Heidi Swapp Ocean Color Shine to create the background, using the plastic sheet technique and help it with a brush to move the color and to add some paint splatters tone on tone.  Once it was dry, I added the papers, photos and embellishments.


For the upper corner I used a chipboard banner from Say Cheese 4 and a few stickers from the 12" x 12" sheet to which a trimed the edges to make them look like banners.  To add more texture and interest to the layout, the photo was mat with different papers in blue, red, black and stripes of color and distress their edges and tear some of them.  I used foam adhesive behind the red paper to help the photo stand out and to create space for the embellishments.


The embellishment cluster was made with stickers, die cut, chipboard and puffy sticker from the collection.  At the end I added some Nuvo drops, tone on tone using Red Berry, Dandelion Yellow and Neptune Turquoise and a few in Ebony Black near the borders.  The journaling was made using a Micron black pen and the date was stamped with and American Crafts date stamps and StazOn Jet Black ink.

Thanks for your visit, hope you like this layout and gets inspire.

Until soon,

No comments