14 (You Glow Girl) Layout

Hello!

Have you seen the Oh Happy Day! collection from Simple Stories?   I'm in love with this collection, it have a lot of designs that are so pretty, like flowers, llamas, cactus, rainbows, hearts and all kind of girl stuff.  Aside the beautiful and happy colors it have.   For me it was love at first sight, because pretty paper makes me happy! I bought this collection a few months ago, but it wasn't until this week that I can finally took some time to play with it and to create a layout about my daughter's 14th birthday.



As I have said before, I love to take photos (in plural) of everything.  This way I have the opportunity to choose the best photo for my project, which usually are two or more.  For this layout I used 4 photos to resume that day.  This was a get together with basically no planning, except for the cake, which was a surprise for her.  I ordered it with the same colors, the llama and the cactus of the paper collection because I wanted to have some nice photos to use them. If you don't do scrapbooking, don't think I'm crazy, this is something that we, scrapbookers, do and is very normal, lol.  Anyway, to help me place the photos in the page, I used a Page Maps sketch from this month.


I used the papers, die cuts, chipboards and stickers from the Oh Happy Day! collection by Simple Stories to create this layout but since I wanted to use four photos and colorful embellishments, I decided to use a white cardstock as my background, in top of a pink/fuchsia paper.  This way, the photos have the opportunity to be the focus of the page.


The photos were mat using patterned paper and adhered to the page with foam tape.   The yellow doily border was made using a Martha Stewart paper punch.  As you can see, some borders of the papers are distressed and others are teared, including the edges of the white cardstock.  Before adding the embellishments, I machine stitched around the border using black thread.



To embellish the layout, I used some products of Oh Happy Day! collection as mentioned before, and a few other items like the little puffy stickers (llama and cactus) which are from American Greetings.  The enamel dots are from an old My Mind's Eye collection named Now & Then Dorothy.  The tag is an oldie from Elle's Studio, it was a 3" x 4" card that I converted into a tag and added some ribbon and white crochet thread to create a bow.



For the title, I used chipboards numbers from Basic Gray, they are very old but I love they can be altered.  I painted them with a gold ink pad from Brilliance and then with acrylic paint to cover them better.  The black paint splatters in the layout were made using black acrylic paint.



As usual, I used foam tape in some of the embellishments to gives the layout some dimension and create the effect of layers, which I love!  Thanks for your visit, hope my work inspires you to create!

Until soon,




No comments